A world that is inviting, safe and comfortable for all to walk.
Walking is not only a natural right. Walking is a legitimate use of public space and people should be supported and encouraged to choose to walk. Being an essential part of sustainable mobility, walking improves health and liveability of communities.
IFP will increase the awareness about walking through:
- facilitating exchange of experience and expertise between members worldwide,
- formulating policy statements based on input from members,
- inspiring/engaging grass roots capacity building,
- stimulating local, national and international initiatives,
- working with international organizations supporting the cause of the pedestrians.